Monday, April 27, 2015

27 April 2015

It has been a really special week this week. My planner is covered right now with a picture I took from the Book of Mormon and it says
"... yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel."
My sentiments very much echo Ammon's today. This week we put our heads down and worked hard. We tract everyday. We did our best to get the program put together, we prayed a lot a lot a lot. We had a few learning curves too I would say. We taught some people, we taught some lessons and then recommitted ourselves to do better and to teach people instead! A few people we are working with found out they've been diagnosed with cancer.... The Lord protected has protected us and those we are working with. And it all culminated this weekend with the baptism of Kyle and Kirsty!!

TESTIMONY
I felt the Spirit so strongly during their baptismal service, watching them go through it all, it made me remember my own baptismal covenants. And the testimony that they bore was so beautiful. Kirsty bore her testimony first - so brave! - she said that this had been quite a long journey but that she knows she is in the right place. And she talked about what a blessing their daugther Harriet is in their life - and that even her super friendly nature is a gift from Christ and that she knows that this is His church. Kyle started by saying that he was no social butterfly but then he just spoke from his heart. He spoke about how he was pretty agnostic for most of his life but that now he knows that God led him to Kirsty so that she could lead him to His church. And he spoke about how he knew for sure that God was there now and how a big part of his realisation of that was Harriet - because how could they create something so perfect? It must be from God. And Harriet is walking up and down the first row, throwing her arms in the air and smiling so hugely the whole time. He said he has no doubt whatsover that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and that Thomas S Monson is a prophet today. Baptismal services are so special! I'll always remember it.

MUSIC
Also we sang a musical item - When I Am Baptised - and singing it reminded me of the time my little sister sang it for a solo in primary presentation and I was shocked because (1) she didn't tell us she had a solo and (2) she sounded GOOD! Not like she sounds when she used to wake me up by singing the Alex Boye and Carmen R version of "Have I Done Any Good in the World Today".... and the elder's investigator joined our musical item also with us. And primary songs are so great. Sister Soh was primary music leader before her mission and it sounds like so much fun! Thank goodness for her and for her experience. The lyrics are for the song that we sang are:
I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain (and it rained a lot last week)
and ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again
I know when I am baptised my wrongs are washed away
And I can be forgiven and improve myself each day
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain
I want to be the best I can and live with God again
Isn't that such beautiful, simple, clear doctrine? Coming from the mouth of babes usually! I have gained a testimony of the children's songbook!
Also in case you were wondering how the other colourful people from Christies Beach if you recall previous entries...

SANDY
...is the same as ever! She has a solid testimony and is always telling us stories about when she gets the chance to share the gospel with others. She hasn't been too well lately after some surgery, and then a male redback spider bit her (! at least not female?) .... so we've missed her at church for a while. But perhaps this is part of the reason why I've been sent back to Christies Beach. Unfinished business! Gotta help out where I can. And Tiny, Thumbelina and Blossom her three saint bernard dogs are also the same as ever. Still big and furry and slobbery haha.

DESIREE
... and Paul are doing great too! Paul has been rebaptised which is awesome, and when I think of his story I can't help but link it to the Tad R Callister quote about things that you can live with and things that you cannot. He knows he cannot live without the gospel anymore. And Desiree is doing so well - she's back in Australia for a few years at least and she's studying and they are moving closer to the chapel soon so hopefully we'll have two new additions to the weekly Book of Mormon class!
PICTURES
- Kyle and Kirsty's baptism obviously. Precious family dressed in white! (:











- Sister Funaki and Sister Hartley. These are two awesome sisters! They found my camera which went MIA after the baptism. And when they returned it they returned it with a little bit extra! This was my favourite photo hehe.









- My mum sent me this photo. My brother has come home!!!!!!!! Even though I am not there with him, I still think words cannot express how happy I am that he is reunited with the family. He has come so far. We have come so far! (Ella is so tall!)







So, keep the faith! I'm so grateful to be a full-time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Life isn't always easy, but I've learned so much. And I feel so blessed. The Lord takes care of my family, he takes care of my area. Really, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men?

Keep praying! Keep going! Have a great week! (: 

No comments: