Sunday, March 15, 2015


February 15, 2015 



So I should have taken a picture of the grand piano as well but I was really fascinated by the hugeness of the bunny rabbit. What I wanted to share this week is the power of music. D&C 25:12 talks about the song of the righteous being a prayer unto God. And I truly have a testimony that it is. Music teaches you so much - it teaches you patience, diligence, humility.. and it rewards you so richly. 

 
And there's a photo of roses because we've been offering a lot of service lately and working in a lot of gardens and I've come to realise that .... gardening is fun! I mean I still intensely dislike bugs and manure still isn't very pleasant but there's something about the hard work and being in nature that helps me to feel the Spirit. And Adelaide is a city of roses... and they all bloom until June. 


And also a quote by Richard G Scott that stood out to me!
he said (and this is for you too especially Anneliese) " to memorise a scripture is to forge a new friendship. it is like discovering a new individual who can help in time of need, give inspiration and comfort and be a source of motivation for needed change. " and these are some scriptures that stand out to me:
 
2 Nephi 2:2 (Nevertheless, Jacob, my firstborn in the wilderness, thou knowest the greatness of God; and he shall consecrate thine afflictions for thy gain.) - this stood out to me because actually my dad shared it to me once on my mission during a time i was struggling. and I've found the promise to be true

Mosiah 27:14  And again, the angel said: Behold, the Lord hath heard the prayers of his people, and also the prayers of his servant, Alma, who is thy father; for he has prayed with much faith concerning thee that thou mightest be brought to the knowledge of the truth; therefore, for this purpose have I come... - I love this scripture because it really highlights the power of prayer and as I shared before, sometimes it can be hard to pray especially when you don't feel like your prayers are being answered... but pray anyway! pray with faith.... trust in the lord's timing

1 Corinthians 13:4-7  Charity suffereth long, and is kind ; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly , seeketh not her own , is not easily provoked , thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity , but rejoiceth in the truth ; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. 


of course. if anyone knew me before my mission it wouldn't be hard to see why this scripture means a lot to me. honestly,scripture in general ... it means the world to me. i love the flow of words, i love the motivation it gives me, i love how i am getting to know my scriptures better and being able to relate it to everyday life. i love how scripture comes to mind when i am in need of guidance. the words are so comforting. truly, they are 'friends' but I suppose I always knew words were friends, I just hadn't stopped to consider it like that before.



And to close, I wrote a poem Eliza! I was asking myself, why are people so rude to us? And instead of being upset or hurt or angry I... wrote a poem. Now my poem writing honestly isn't very good but it is an enjoyable enterprise. And I tried to branch out of my normal limerick and haiku hahaha!

The world is so busy with life flashing by
it's easy to get caught up in the cunning one's lie
that you don't have enough time to stop for a minute
to smell the roses or to smile for the sake of it
kindness is lost in this culture of me, me me
people are so self-absorbed they can't even see
that today God splashed the sky's canvass with pink
or that in your friend's smile, there was a chink
although lifting a soul does not increase your pay
your own sorrows flee as you make someone's day
and the wise ones know that helping another
is a great way to echo Christ's love to each other
Because He once said in His mortal ministry
what you do unto others, ye have done unto me. 

So please, be kind. honestly. people's kindness have made my day. an angel in disguise helped us get home at night, we had pulled over with hazard lights and we were lost and we were able to follow him back to Mt barker. 
and people being kind at the door too.. it lifted my soul. and so, i want to be kind to others, because i know that it makes a difference!! 

PS sorry frazzled but hopefully you feel the spirit of it :) 
love you all! have a great week!!!

No comments: