Tuesday, May 27, 2014

26 May 2014

I already recall spending another blog entry on this topic but this is close to my heart because it speaks to me. I suppose attending a selective school full of bright people and witnessing how some people get it so easily whilst others work so hard and some (like me and my friend maths!) struggle on and on and watching people's progression as we oscillate between different ends of the 'hard working' spectrum is what makes the topic of diligence one I think I at the very least still have a lot to learn from.

I found a quote in a study book (thanks Sister Gonzalez!) that I'd love to share.
 
Stick to your task till it sticks to you
Beginners are many, but enders are few
Honour, power, place and praise
will always come to the one who stays
stick to your task till it sticks to you
bend at it, sweat at it, smile at it too
for out of the bend and the sweat and the smile
will come life's victories after a while.
 
I am so grateful that God gives us the opportunity each day to repent. This may sound odd, or strong, but when one starts to connect the dots between the concept of repentance and the concept of change and then one starts to see that actually, they are one and the same dot then it might make more sense! Each day I make mistakes, each day I know there are things that I could have done or should have done. But each day as I ask my Heavenly Father whether the day's work has been acceptable unto Him (for time on the mission is not mine, but time I have dedicated to the Lord. Each day I try to live up to the wide expanse of my promise) then I feel reassured even through the mistakes because I know that I am trying. And recently, I have been blessed with the opportunity to witness the results of this change! My companion and I teach with so much more unity than we did at the beginning of the transfer, there is trust and love and Zion! Our members are so eager to participate in the work of salvation and our investigators drink up the gospel, thirsty as they are for the living water of Jesus Christ.

How great is our calling!

Love
Sister Magallanes

No comments: